problem building with cmake under cygwin (need clang)

LMH lmh_users-groups@molconn.com
Tue Jul 26 00:45:00 GMT 2016

Hello,

I am trying to compute the convex hull of a high dimensional space (46D x 2000 rows).
The qhull app available in cygwin/math is based on relatively old code and runs out
of memory.

I found another version the is supposed to be able to do higher dimensions.

https://bitbucket.org/tomilov/quickhull/src

This version is set up to build with cmake, so I installed cmake in cygwin and ran it as,

cmake ./src

Note, I had to copy CMakeLists.txt into the src directory to get this to work. If I
don't do that, I get the error,

CMake Error: The source directory
"/cygdrive/g/shared_data/SMD/ATomilov_quickhull/tomilov-quickhull-7faf277d6cc2_cmake/src"
does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.

When I have copied the CMakeLists.txt file into ./src, cmake runs but I get the error,

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:11 (message):
   only clang supported currently

this comes from the conditional,

if(NOT "${CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ID}" MATCHES "Clang")
     message(FATAL_ERROR "only clang supported currently")
endif()

in CMakeLists.txt.

I have installed clang from cygwin, but I still get the same error. I added the
following line to CMakeLists.txt,

message(STATUS "${CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ID}")

and I get "GNU" as the value for CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ID, at least that is the value if
I got the syntax correct for the message statement.

It looks like I need to point CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ID to clang, but I am not sure how
to do that. I don't know if the problem is with the CMakeLists.txt file, the way I am
calling cmake, or with my local cygwin configuration.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

LMH