Installer of Cygwin 64 seems to freeze when executing /etc/postinstall/xlaunch.sh - version 2.874

Jean-Paul Bouchet jean-paul.bouchet@avignon.inra.fr
Fri Jun 3 15:28:00 GMT 2016

Hello,
May be is the value of PATH the problem?
When I launch, by a double click on the bash.exe file, a cygwin bash
shell (C:\cygwin64\bin\bash.exe) and I display $PATH, I don't find any
cygwin directory in the list, but a list of windows directories:
/cygdrive/c/Windows/system32:/cygdrive/c/Windows:/cygdrive/c/Windows/System32/Wbem:

So, when I execute in the cygwin bash shell  the command '/bin/sh -x
/etc/postinstall/xlaunch.sh.done', I get the same errors than those I
get when I execute 'C:\cygwin64\bin\sh -x
/etc/postinstall/xlaunch.sh.done' in the windows command interpreter:
the command 'uname' is unknown.

If I change the value of PATH with PATH=/cygdrive/c/cygwin64/bin:$PATH
and export PATH, the execution of 'sh -x
/etc/postinstall/xlaunch.sh.done' don't give any errors.

What is the value of PATH when the installation executes the set of
postinstall scripts ?

Jean-Paul Bouchet