malware

Erik Soderquist ErikSoderquist@gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 17:19:00 GMT 2016

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 12:14 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jun  9 18:02, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>> On 09/06/2016 17:52, Jack Adrian Zappa wrote:
>> > Are you referring to the 83.dotm file?  Looks highly suspicious.  o.O
>> >

>> It is clearly spam or worse.
>>
>> But some of them will always pass whatever filter the cygwin mail
>> server is implementing.
>> Some of them are reaching any mailbox also company's one.
>
> I can only agree with Marco.  Sourceware is running an aggressive spam
> assassin and what not which gets constantly upgraded and fed with known
> spam regularly to hone the filters.  However, there's *no* way it will
> always catch all spam or virus or worm.  If so, it would probably also
> catch lots of legit mails.

If ever anyone develops a "perfect" filter, someone else will develop
a way to get past it, and it will no longer be "perfect"... a
continuous cat & mouse game that will continue until the profit from
spam/virus/worm infiltration is permanently ended or the universe
implodes on itself... and I'm not sure the second scenario would
actually end it...

-- Erik