Notmuch mail indexer - talloc requirement?

Jack ostroffjh@users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jun 14 19:41:00 GMT 2016

On 2016.06.14 04:44, Corne Plas wrote:
> Jack Ostroff <ostroffjh <at> users.sourceforge.net> writes:

>> I realize this is a bit over a year old, but I'm in exactly the same
>> situation.  I was able to complete the talloc compile and install by
>> going into the bin/defaults directory and linking cygtalloc_2.dll to
>> both talloc.dll and cygtalloc.dll, and the same for
>> cygpytalloc-util-2.dll.

> What exactly did you do by 'going into the bin/defaults directory and
> linking cygtalloc_2.dll to both talloc.dll and cygtalloc.dll, and the
> same for cygpytalloc-util-2.dll'? I'll still trying to 'make' talloc,
> but still get the error 'cannot find -ltalloc'.

Starting from the main directory where the the tarball has been
expanded, "cd bin/defaults" then "ln -s cygtalloc_2.dll talloc.dll" and
"ln -s cygtalloc_2.dll cygtalloc.dll" and the equivalent two for the
other dll.  I did this from a cygwin shell in mintty.  (I don't have
that laptop booted up right now, so this is from memory.  My desktop is
Linux, so I can't confirm from here.)

Jack