wget 1.17.x creates odd permissions on downloaded files

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Sat Jun 25 12:37:00 GMT 2016

Greetings, Warren Young!

>> Just use noacl mounts and you'll not have this problem again.

> Let me get this straight: removing Windows permissions that conflict with
> POSIX permissions is “overengineered,” so your solution is to ignore all
> permissions?  I think I’ll stick with my solution.

WAT?
"noacl" defers permissions management to OS. It DO NOT "ignore" them.

> I couldn’t use noacl anyway, because I use db_home: windows in my
> nsswitch.conf file, which means my $HOME is outside Cygwin’s mount table.

Yes, you do and, realistically speaking, should.

> I’d have to individually map each %USERPROFILE% subdir I wanted into
> /home/warren in order to use noacl.

No, just set /cygpath to noacl.

--
With best regards,