/bin/bash: Operation not permitted

Aaron Digulla digulla@hepe.com
Fri Mar 11 14:05:00 GMT 2016

Am 09.03.2016 um 16:35 schrieb Marco Atzeri:
> On 09/03/2016 16:25, Achim Gratz wrote:
>> Francis Korning <fkorning <at> yahoo.ca> writes:
>>> Specifically, ssh-host-config needs these following lines:
>>
>> The cyg_server account is actually set up in
>> /usr/share/csih/cygwin-service-installation-helper.sh and guess what, it
>> already does this.  It also warns if a pre-existing account does not
>> have
>> these privileges enabled.
>
> It is correct Achim,
> however I have seen in corporate environment that some of those
> setting were removed by security scripts...at every boot.

How about a check in the code of sshd to make sure it has the necessary
permissions?

I'm wondering if it would be better to do those check when it starts or
when someone logs in. The former would show the problem early but the
admin would have to look in the event log to see the error message
(especially after a reboot).

The latter would allow to send the error message to the local console
(local to the user, remote from the point of view of sshd) and there
would be a human who can read it.

Regards,

http://blog.pdark.de/