Running texconfig breaks backspace in Bash/MinTTY

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Fri Mar 18 20:27:00 GMT 2016

On 3/18/2016 4:14 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On 2016-03-18 06:34, Ken Brown wrote:
>> The best long-term solution is to get rid of the need for texconfig by
>> making
>> tlmgr work on Cygwin[*].
>
> No thanks.  Don't we have all of TeX Live packaged already?  Wouldn't
> using this conflict with the packages we already have?

I guess I wasn't clear enough in the footnote when I said I would
disable some features of tlmgr.  What I meant was that I would disable
the features that deal with package management.  But tlmgr does other
things that could be useful (like managing default paper size), and I
would like to make those things work on Cygwin.

Ken