Package choosing algorithm ...

Ian Lambert ian.lambert_42@yahoo.com
Tue Mar 22 17:44:00 GMT 2016

On March 22, 2016 5:52:50 AM EDT, Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
>On Mar 21 13:40, Houder wrote:
>>
>> Apparently specifying the -m option makes a difference ...

>>>Anyone using setup in the same way as I do and not experiencing my
problem?

Since:

I have been struggling with using apt-cyg to download package updates,
because it uses wget, and running setup local.
Also using no-admin, without -m, I had similar problems
 getting the latest or test versions to download and install. My latest trick was deletes in /etc/setup/installed.db, and a small mod to apt-cyg.
I got cygwin 2.5.0-0.8 and mintty 2.3.3 this way.

>It shouldn't but apparently it does, oh well.
>
>https://cygwin.com/acronyms#PGA anybody?
>

>Corinna

I took a shot at git mirror of setup, to see if I could add user/password, or user-agent, options to setup,
 but getting git to download anything has so far failed for me.