nm for .exe extensions?

Benjamin Cao becao@progress.com
Tue May 24 12:46:00 GMT 2016

Hi,

I am working with a customer on using the nm command in Cygwin for Windows. The customer wants to be able to generate a symbol table on *.exe files similar to what nm does on unix platforms. The executable, when run with nm in Cygwin, results in a "no symbols" result, whereas it generates a symbol table in unix.

I understand that these commands will certainly be different in both Cygwin for Windows and the unix platforms, but is there any way that *.exe will generate a symtab with nm?

Note: The customer said the Windows "dumpbin" does not satisfy his needs either... what fun.

Thanks,
Ben Cao