emacs gud-interface is not updated after gdb command execution (maybe because of incomplete output from gdb)

William M. (Mike) Miller william.m.miller@gmail.com
Thu May 26 15:48:00 GMT 2016

On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 5:30 AM, Tobias Zawada <i_inbox@tn-home.de> wrote:
> Hello,
> when debugging c-programs (the special program does not matter) with gud/gdb the
> prompt "(gdb)"
> is missing after the execution of the "start" command. This also happens with
> other commands such as "next". Also variable values and outputs are not
> correctly updated.
> I do not have this problem under linux.
>
> There was already a similar problem with the update of the gdb-interface:
> https://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2015-06/msg00277.html
> That thread has a dead end.

As the initiator of that thread, thank you very much for bringing up
the issue again and for all the investigative work. Since my initial
report did not result in any fixes, I have given up on gud and am
using cgdb, which is inferior but works well enough, but it would be
very welcome to have a fully-working gud again.

Just one update on that original report: item #3 has been fixed by
recent versions of gdb and is no longer a problem.

--
William M. (Mike) Miller | Edison Design Group
william.m.miller@gmail.com