ezmlm warning

Eric Blake eblake@redhat.com
Wed Nov 2 13:05:00 GMT 2016

On 11/02/2016 05:43 AM, Andrey ``Bass'' Shcheglov wrote:

> Remote host said: 550-5.7.1 Unauthenticated email from vanav.org is not
> accepted due to domain's > 550-5.7.1 DMARC policy. Please contact the
> administrator of vanav.org domain if > 550-5.7.1 this was a legitimate
> mail. Please visit > 550-5.7.1

yahoo.com has already been doing this for a while, now gmail.com is
doing it too :(

In addition to the link you quoted:

> https://support.google.com/mail/answer/2451690

here's another one:

The problem is that the mailman instance running the cygwin mailing list
(and ALL lists hosted by sourceware, for that matter) needs to be
reconfigured to cope with stricter DMARC rules.  I'm not an admin, so
you will need to redirect this request to the postmaster that manages
cygwin's mailman instance.

In the meantime, the only "workaround" is to subscribe to the list using
an address that isn't quite as nasty about DMARC rules.  It's sad that
more and more sites are clamping down, but that's the price we pay for
spammers.