Random "child_info_fork::abort:"

Evgeny Grin k2k@yandex.ru
Sun Oct 16 00:08:00 GMT 2016

On 15.10.2016 1:58, Tony Kelman wrote:
>>       2 [main] mandb (736) t:\cygwin64\bin\mandb.exe: *** fatal error -
>> cygheap base mismatch detected - 0x1802FC408/0x110C408.
>
> As far as I can tell, build 14946 fixed whatever the problem was.
> Crisis averted, for now.
>
> -Tony

Confirming. Windows build 14946 is fine.
Cygwin64, Msys2 (both x32 and x64) now works correctly.
As well as Msys2-based tools, like git for windows.

May be that was a bug in Windows: FreeLibrary() unload wrong .DLL image
with same filename. Suspect that it's not a typical situation for
developers of Windows when some app/lib sequentially loads/unloads same
.DLL but on different positions. As Windows actually unload .DLLs after
some delay - it just unloaded wrong image. That's my guessing.

--
Best Wishes,
Evgeny Grin