getting cancelsynchronous IO error when starting mintty.exe from Windows XP desktop shortcut

Thu Sep 1 14:46:00 GMT 2016

On Sep  1 07:14, Fjor wrote:
> Hi, Prabhakar,
>
> I upgraded my cygwin in XP to 2.6 and found that it doesn't work,

https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2016-08/msg00114.html, second
paragraph.

> Of course, when we have to upgrade packages again in the future, we must
> confirm that these three packages are marked "keep" to avoid them to be
> modified by the installer during the upgrading process.

The 2.5.2 package will go away at one point.  Keep a copy, but there's
no guarantee that future applications will continue to work on 2.5.2,
given that we add API entry points.

Corinna

Red Hat