Extreme Slowness of cygwin commands [SOLVED?]

Alan Dobkin Alan@MaestroIT.com
Thu Sep 1 18:37:00 GMT 2016

FWIW, I've had many similar bad experiences with Trusteer Rapport. It
has nothing to do with Cygwin. It is a terrible buggy piece of software,
and sadly a number of large banks require it for their customers. IBM
should be highly embarrassed by all the trouble it has caused under
their name. The only solution I've found is to either install it on a
dedicated computer used only for the bank software, or set up a virtual
machine for the same purpose.

Here are some references for more information:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-performance/trusteerrapport-end-point-protection-warning/32ccc761-2d20-423e-ad84-5887c79fe3cc?auth=1

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/334434-so-trusteer-rapport-yea-or-nay

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trusteer