[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: setup.exe (Release 2.876)

Wayne Davison wayne@opencoder.net
Sat Sep 10 05:57:00 GMT 2016

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 2:35 AM, Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz@cygwin.com> wrote:
> A new version of Setup, release 2.876, has been uploaded to [...]

The change from a button to a dropdown list for the View seems like a
nice usability improvement, but it sadly takes away my main method of
changing the view -- I used to always press Alt-V to cycle the View
button.  It was actually a really nice way to do updates without using
the mouse at all: keep pressing enter until the package-search page
comes up, press Alt-V twice, review the list of updatable packages,
and press enter again to begin installing.  Perhaps someone could bind
Alt-V to dropping down the view list? (Similar to how the S in Search
is underlined to indicate that Alt-S takes you to the search box.)

..wayne..