Commands not working as expected.

Wed Sep 14 16:04:00 GMT 2016

On 2016-09-13 05:33, Brian S. Wilson wrote:
> On 09/12/2016 00:20 AM, Brian Inglis wrote:
>> On 2016-09-11 17:03, Brian S. Wilson wrote:  ls -l
> I am using a McAfee Security Center and I disabled the firewall and
> Virus and Spyware scans; but this didn't help.  I've not had a problem
> with McAfee previously and I must have some kind of firewall available
> so I haven't uninstalled McAfee (as of yet).

Had problems with various (non- and Cygwin) packages under McAfee on
Windows 7, so as prep for Windows 10 upgrade, deinstalled McAfee
(and installed MS Security Essentials AV temporarily), and now running
only Windows 10 Defender (which includes AV formerly in MS SE) and Firewall.
Recommend deinstalling McAfee, installing and enabling Defender and Firewall.

> $ export CYGWIN=detect_bloda
>
> $ echo $CYGWIN
> detect_bloda
>
> $ man man
>       2 [main] man 4928 child_info_fork::abort: C:\cygwin\bin\cygz.dll:
> Loaded to different address: parent(0x150000) != child(0x660000)
> man: fork failed: Resource temporarily unavailable

This looks very like you may have run out of Cygwin dll 32 bit address space.

Have you checked FAQ 4.45 docs /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/_autorebase.README and
/usr/share/doc/rebase/README?

Read this recent thread to the end:

Have you tried FAQ 4.45 run: "rebase-trigger fullrebase" as *admin*, shut down
all Cygwin processes, reboot in case AV has Cygwin dlls open, run setup without
any other apps running, reboot to clear cached dlls, start and test Cygwin?