Advice for debugging heap mismatches? (Win10 Insider build 14926)

Mark Geisert mark@maxrnd.com
Sun Sep 25 08:20:00 GMT 2016

Tony Kelman wrote:
>> I've tried manually rebasing, setting rebase-trigger, rerunning latest
>> setup, rebooting, etc. During big parallel makes none of the above helped
>> with getting rid of intermittent heap mismatch errors during fork after I
>> upgraded to Windows 10 Insider build 14926. I had been on the Insider fast
>> ring for a few months
>
> Anybody? Just checked 14931 and it has the same problem.
> I'll be switching back the slow ring as soon as it lets me, but
> I'm about to start getting "build will expire" popups.

You're absolutely sure your rebasing operations are being done without any
Cygwin processes running, even background cygserver, sshd, etc?

Could you paste a complete sample of the error message so we can determine where
in the Cygwin code it's coming from?

..mark