gdb input error gfortrani_fbuf_read () cyggfortran-3.dll

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Mon Sep 26 15:08:00 GMT 2016

On 22/09/2016 20:55, Rockefeller, Harry wrote:
> gdb (test version) and program's 'read' seem to have an input clash.
> Anyway, gdb used to pause and allow keyboard input.

Thanks for reporting this problem, and the test case.

> Thread 1 "foo" hit Breakpoint 1, foo () at foo.f:4
> 4             write(*,*) "Enter a real number"
> (gdb) n
>  Enter a real number
> 5             read(*,*) e
> (gdb) n
>
> [1]+  Stopped                 gdb foo
>
> $ fg
> gdb foo
>
> Thread 1 "foo" received signal SIGTTIN, Stopped (tty input).
> 0x5bd015dc in gfortrani_fbuf_read () from /usr/bin/cyggfortran-3.dll

In gdb 7.11 there are some upstream changes in the way access to the
controlling terminal is given the inferior, and I guess this has broken
something here.