URGENT: BAD signature from "Cygwin <cygwin@cygwin.com>"

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Thu Sep 29 18:41:00 GMT 2016

Thomas Sanders writes:
> Thanks for the reply, here is the actual script. I must have copy/pasted the wrong info previously.
> ###
>   wget -q http://cygwin.com/setup-x86.exe        -O ${DESTINATION}/setup-x86.exe
>   wget -q http://cygwin.com/setup-x86.exe.sig    -O ${DESTINATION}/setup-x86.exe.sig
>   wget -q http://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe     -O ${DESTINATION}/setup-x86_64.exe
>   wget -q http://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe.sig -O ${DESTINATION}/setup-x86_64.exe.sig
>   wget -q http://cygwin.com/key/pubring.asc      -O ${DESTINATION}/pubring.asc

For checking the signatures to be of any real use, you'd need to use
https at least.  Also, you'd need to establish the provenance of the key
independently.

> testing /tftpboot/PXE/mirrors/cygwin//setup-x86.exe
> gpg: Signature made Fri 09 Sep 2016 02:20:02 AM PDT using DSA key ID 676041BA
> gpg: BAD signature from "Cygwin <cygwin@cygwin.com>"

BLODA, most likely.  Particularly some stupid heuristic scanner that
thinks that UPX compressed binaries are dangerous just because they use
compression.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: