Latest 64 bit cygwin miscompiles gawk master

Wed Apr 19 18:25:00 GMT 2017

Hi Arnold,

On Apr 19 08:32, arnold@skeeve.com wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I just did a fresh install of the 64 bit cygwin on a new Windows 10
> computer.  I am trying to build gawk from git master and getting
> failures. It looks like something is being miscompiled in the NODE
> union. Compiler is GCC 5.4.  I have no problems with this compiler
> on Ubuntu 16 or with GCC 4.9 on an older 64 bit cygwin.
>
> Also, when running configure, there are a lot of errors about not
> being able to remove conftest.exe, device or resource busy, which I do
> not get on the older Cygwin.
>
> Repeat by
>
> 	git clone http://git.savannah.gnu.org/r/gawk.git
> 	cd gawk
> 	./bootstrap.sh && ./configure && make -j && make check
>
> Watch several of the checks crash and burn

No, I don't.  I just ran the exact sequence as above on a x86_64 Windows
10 machine with Cygwin 2.8.0 and gcc 5.4.0 and "ALL TESTS PASSED".

Sure you're not suffering a BLODA problem?
See https://cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#faq.using.bloda

Corinna

Red Hat