XWin focus in multiwindow mode

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Fri Apr 21 16:43:00 GMT 2017

On 14/04/2017 12:23, Nicolas Goy wrote:
> I noticed that a few apps don't manage focus properly when running under
> XWin.

> not lost in the X11 window.
>
> Steps to reproduce (with terminator):
> - Start terminator under XWin with multiwindow window manager
> - Focus a Windows window by clicking on it
>
> Expected behavior:
> - Focus should be lost from the terminator window
>
> Actual behavior:
> - The terminator window remains focused. (by focused I mean that the
> caret remains plain, and the titlebar remains in the focused color, the
> windows properly lose keyboard focus and other OS level focus)

Thanks for the detailed bug report.

It looks like we were never doing quite the right thing to remove the X
input focus when losing Windows focus.

I've uploaded xorg-server-1.19.3-1 with a fix for this.

Perhaps you could try that and see if it improves things for you?

> - Also, if I open a menu (in android studio for example), and click a
> Windows window, the menu remains open.

This is also a long standing bug, but is more complex to fix.

At the moment, clicks outside X windows aren't seen by the server at
all, hence this behaviour.

--
Jon Turney
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer