long I/O delays when strace is running

Daniel Santos daniel.santos@pobox.com
Mon Apr 24 15:00:00 GMT 2017

On 04/24/2017 02:00 AM, Mark Geisert wrote:

> Excellent debugging work!  I'm inclined to agree with your last
> point.  I'm poring over pinfo.cc as well as dcrt0.cc, which is the
> Cygwin DLL init code. The latter talks about special cases if the DLL
> is runtime loaded (like strace does) vs link-time loaded (like Cygwin
> apps do).  May take me a while to respond.

Hah! me too. :)  At least I'm learning a lot.  I have a better
understanding of how it stores these in the windows object database
thing under \\BaseNamedObjects and I can browse it to some degree with
WinObj from sysinternals, but I'm still trying to figure out where that
is initialized.  My tests will be done soon and I'll be back to work on gcc.