gawk 4.1.4: CR separate char for CRLF files

Eric Blake eblake@redhat.com
Wed Aug 16 12:26:00 GMT 2017

On 08/16/2017 07:09 AM, Vermessung AVT - Wolfgang Rieger wrote:
> Achim Gratz wrote:
> Vermessung AVT - Wolfgang Rieger writes:
>> Another solution which we have been using for many years now, though
>> it might not be feasible for you:
> Cygwin is, like it or not, a rolling distribution.

Your quoting is horrible; you repeated Achim's comments without adding
any '>' nesting,

> Regards,
> Achim.
> --
> +<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+

Then used a '-- ' line, which sane mail clients treat as the end of the
email and start of the signature, and only then added your content.
Thunderbird, in particular, refuses to include signatures by default
when replying to a message; and hitting 'ctrl-a' then reply to at least
paste all of your text then loses the formatting of your message, making
it very difficult to reply to you, as shown here:

> SD adaptations for KORG EX-800 and Poly-800MkII V0.9:
> http://Synth.Stromeko.net/Downloads.html#KorgSDada Dear Achim, I fully
> agree to most of what you say. But: 1) As well as Cygwin is a rolling
> distrib my work is a "rolling work". And that is why I deal with it in

At any rate, in answer to your question:

> Anyway, thanks for the suggestion to contact the upstream developers. I was not aware of that. Can you give me a hint where to go?

awk --help | tail -n10

points you to the manual for how to report upstream bugs; if you don't
like info, the same data can be found here:

https://www.gnu.org/software/gawk/manual/html_node/Bugs.html#Bugs

(in general, ANY good program will include instructions for how to reach
upstream in its --help output - of course, not all programs are at the
same level of goodness in this regards)

--
Eric Blake, Principal Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc.           +1-919-301-3266