Challenge: a VERY strange problem with command substitution in bash

David Macek david.macek.0@gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 13:22:00 GMT 2017

On 4. 12. 2017 14:01, Erik Haukjær Andersen wrote:
> Hello
>

> I have seen a similar problem on Windows 7, using Cygwin bash version
> 4.4.12(3)-release (x86_64-unknown-cygwin).
>
> After repeating a simplified test on my own host and 6 other
> colleagues, my conclusion is that the cause is found in BeyondTrust
> SecureDesktop, which you also may have installed (I saw you wrote
> something about TrustedInstaller).
>
>   I have raised an internal case with my IT service desk to resolve the
> issue (and see what they can do).

My understanding is that you're just reporing your findings, not asking for support here.  Assuming that's the case, the only thing to do here is to add this to the BLODA.

I actually can't find any mention of a product nor feature called SecureDesktop, so unless there are better ideas, let's do only "BeyondTrust".

--
David Macek