Console buffer width always 1 column less than setting

Lee Dilkie lee.dilkie@mitel.com
Tue Feb 7 14:23:00 GMT 2017

On 2/7/2017 9:11 AM, cyg Simple wrote:
> On 2/6/2017 12:43 PM, Lee Dilkie wrote:

>>> Please fix your email client. You should not be quoting people’s email
>>> directly.
>>>

>> that's just silly. Anyone with access to this public list has your email
>> address when you posted.
>>
>> The guy was just trying to help you with your issue, and you come across
>> as a dork.
>>

> Lee, this and many such lists expects the etiquette that Steven has
> requested of Vince.  Elide the email address of the quoted person.  Many
> clients offers to do this for you automatically, if you can't with yours
> you should find one that does.

Cyg, I understand list etiquette but I'm referring to *human* etiquette. Steve asked for help, got help but rather than acknowledge it (and add a note at the bottom to *politely* tell Vince that he should find a way to sanitize email addresses out of his replies), he just jumps aggressively on the quoting issue (and confused things in the process because he, I assume, meant to say "email addresses" instead of "email directly", which doesn't parse well in english).

So I stand by my observation, Steve acted like a dork here.

-lee