Debugging MariaDB Severe Crash (mysqld daemon dies)

OwN-3m-All own3mall@gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 15:30:00 GMT 2017

Is there a way to debug why a MySQL query using Cygwin's mysql client
is causing the entire Cygwin mysqld daemon to die?  I'm not seeing
anything useful in /var/log/mysql*

There's nothing in event viewer either except the service entered a
stopped state.

I'm dealing with a Union query that works just fine in Linux, but is
crashing with the latest MariaDB cygwin package in Windows.

"ERROR 2013 (HY000) at line 1: Lost connection to MySQL server during query"

I'm not sure how to get information as to why it's crashing.