[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: Cygwin 2.6.1-1

Eliot Moss moss@cs.umass.edu
Wed Jan 11 20:41:00 GMT 2017

On 1/11/2017 2:37 PM, Steven Penny wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jan 2017 10:53:55, Brian Inglis wrote:
>> Launch Character Map app, find Omega, Select, and Copy, and you should
>> be able to paste it into any window.
>
> Nope. I made it clear already, even from my first post that it doesnt work from
> pasting.
>
>> Post your cmd console code page and locale settings as described and
>> maybe someone can help you.
>
> Nope. I have done that already repeatedly.
>
>> Or maybe you could check the cmd settings and console docs yourself
>> and figure out your own problem.
>
> Not helpful.
>
>> Generate cygcheck -svr output and attach to your post as described
>> in the problems link below, and one of the project *volunteers* may
>> get some time to look at it and be able to help.
>
> I am not doing this, as anyone with a current Cygwin build can duplicate it with
> the default settings. I kindly ask that going forward you only make contructive
> posts.

I am getting tired of the somewhat sniping tone of this email thread.
If I were the person to whom these responses are directed, I might
feel offended, even insulted.  There is no need for this kind of tone
between professionals.  Let's try to keep it about the content.  I
know frustration can arise when there is misunderstanding -- the effort
should go toward building common understanding, not criticizing other
individuals.  Or as my mother used to say, you get more flies with
honey than with vinegar.

Regards - Eliot Moss