Issues with PHP PCRE and with libass4 vs libass5

Roger Qiu roger.qiu@matrix.ai
Fri Jan 13 11:08:00 GMT 2017

Hi All,

I was struggling to get the new PHP version working in cygwin until I
found this: https://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2016-11/msg00336.html

Is it a good idea to make `pcre.jit=0;` to be false for php-pcre
package? Otherwise there's no other information as to why PHP7 fails now
for many common applications like `composer`.

Another issue is `libass4` no longer exists, and yet it is still
required by things like `mplayer`. I used to use `mplayer` from cygwin
ports relying the `libass4` library from official cygwin packages, but
`libass5` only exists. Is there a way to bring back `libass4` or can
something else can be done?

Thanks,

Roger

--