scandirat return dirents of parent dir
comic fans
comicfans44@gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 21:38:00 GMT 2017
I've already submitted a patch for this but your fix is much
quicker... confirmed this snapshot resolved the problem. Thank you.
>> Hello:
>> I've found this problem when compile
>> casync(https://github.com/systemd/casync.git) in cygwin,workflow to
>> trigger this :
>> rootfd=open(".",O_CLOEXEC|O_RDONLY|O_NOCTTY);
>> scandirat(rootfd,".", firstLevelDirEnts......);
>> foreach dirent in firstLevelDirEnts:
>> if dirent is dir:
>> subdirfd=openat(rootfd,
>> dirent->d_name,O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC|O_NOCTTY|O_NOFOLLOW);
>> scandirat(subdirfd,".", secondLevelDirEnts......);
>>
>> at this time, secondLevelDirEnts should be files in subdir, but
>> in cygwin, secondLevelDirEnts is just same as firstLevelDirEnts.
>>
>> This problem didn't happen in linux , nor win10 WSL, but
>> happens in both cygwin/msys2.
>
>First I thought you stumbled over the problem that the first two entries
>returned by scandirat are "." and "..", but on closer investigation I
>saw the problem.
>
>I pushed a fix to the git repo and uploaded new developer snapshots
>to https://cygwin.com/snapshots/ Please try.
>
>
>Thanks,
>Corinna
>
>--
--
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list