GCC Compiler can't seem to find linker

starz0rdesign@openmailbox.org starz0rdesign@openmailbox.org
Thu Jul 6 06:50:00 GMT 2017

Interesting that the package name isn't "libarchive" in the repos, but
it's "libarchive13". Since I'm using a apt-get bash script to get the
packages for me anyway. Since it seems I already had "libarchive13"
installed, I tried installing the mingw64 package to see if it would fix
my issue building another package, but it didn't seem to find it still,
even after restarting the shell, so I'm not exactly sure how to get this
to detect libarchive.

This output from the last 4 lines of ./configure of the msys2-pacman
package.

checking for LIBARCHIVE... no
configure: error: *** libarchive >= 2.8.0 is needed to compile pacman!
configure: WARNING: cache variable lt_cv_path_LD contains a newline