Link error with static version of zlib?

Hans-Bernhard Bröker HBBroeker@t-online.de
Fri Jul 21 00:32:00 GMT 2017

Am 20.07.2017 um 16:07 schrieb J:
> Hello Steven,
>
>      Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my question!
>
> I downloaded
> http://repo.msys2.org/mingw/x86_64/mingw-w64-x86_64-zlib-1.2.8-9-any.pkg.tar.xz

And that's where you went off in the wrong direction.  You're writing to
the Cygwin mailing, but that's the MSYS2 package repository.  Those are
two different environments, so you should _not_ mix up them up like that.

> The rationale for doing this is that those two files are the only two
> dependencies outside of the Windows system dlls the project uses.

That's a valid reason to get yourself a local version of minizip, but
_not_ a reason to just plunk MSYS2 files into the middle of a cygwin
installation.