GNU Tar v1.29 ACL File/Folder Permissions Question/Problem

Timothy Beryl Grahek alchemek@gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 21:14:00 GMT 2017

Hi all,

Whenever I have ACL enabled in /etc/fstab, I run into file access
problems with GNU Tar. To be clear, a simple scenario is to tar a few
folders, then extract them. In numerous cases, I am unable to enter
the folders I have extracted without entering a "chmod 744" as an
administrator.

I have consequently disabled ACL in /etc/fstab, which has fixed this problem.

Anybody have any ideas as to why this happens and how to avoid it
without disabling ACL?

Note: I have changed the username in Cygcheck.out, otherwise it is unedited.

Thank you,

Timothy Beryl Grahek