how to access and display apps that I've launched

mike mikereape@onetel.com
Sun Jul 23 19:46:00 GMT 2017

On 23/07/2017 19:14, Brian Inglis wrote:
> On 2017-07-23 11:39, mike wrote:

>>> Are you sure those apps you are trying to launch are actually installed?  You
>>> could always bring up a Cygwin terminal (not through the X icon) and
>>> explicitly "export DISPLAY=0:0" and then try to launch one of the apps from
>>> the command line to see any errors.
>>>
>>> Jack
>> All I did was download setup-x86.exe on the 21st, run it and when presented with
>> the drop down View list used Pending (by default) and then clicked Next etc.  If
>> I switch to Up To Date when presented with the drop down View list it does
>> indeed show that everything I've tried to run is installed.  I must have
>> hundreds of packages installed.  I did that last year intentionally.  I selected
>> packages to install by Category and then installed the entire Categories. That's
>> what I'm saying all this stuff used to just work and now it just doesn't so I'm
>> either completely missing the obvious or else it really seems like something is
>> wrong with my installation or the behaviour has changed.  If I'm just missing
>> the obvious then please just tell me where I'm going wrong.
>>
>> I do not want to uninstall everything and then re-install because I have no
>> confidence that that will solve the problem.  To repeat the Cygwin/X icon is
>> there and the menu is there.  The packages that I am most immediately interested
>> in are the Cygwin Emacs packages which are clearly in the Up To Date list.  If
>> the packages aren't installed then why would they show up in the menu?  If I
>> look in C:\cygwin\bin I can see among others emacsclient-nox.exe,
>> emacsclient-X11.exe, emacs-nox.exe and emacs-X11.exe so they're installed right?
> May have run out of DLL address space.
> Run "rebase-trigger full", shut down everything Cygwin, download and run
> setup-x86, then check /var/log/setup.log.full for rebase problems.

I wasn't running anything Cygwin when I ran setup-x86.exe on the 21st.
I've attached /var/log/setup.log.full.  There is no occurrence of the
word rebase.

Thanks, Mike

--
I *AM* a unique and special snowflake