[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: gcc-6.3.0-2 (x86/x86_64)(Test)

Ross Smith ross.smith@otoy.com
Fri Jul 28 12:09:00 GMT 2017

On 2017-07-28 09:19, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> On 27/07/2017 23:04, Ross Smith wrote:
>>
>> gcc 6.3 works fine for me unless I use threads. Any C++ program that
>> uses std::thread (and worked with the previous gcc) will fail. Simple
>> example:
>>
>>     #include <iostream>
>>     #include <thread>
>>     void payload() {
>>         std::cout << "Thread\n";
>>     }
>>     int main() {
>>         std::cout << "Start\n";
>>         std::thread t(payload);
>>         t.join();
>>         std::cout << "Done\n";
>>     }
>>
>> Build and run with:
>>
>>     g++ thread.cpp -o thread && ./thread || echo Fail
>>
>> This will print Fail, indicating that the executable errored out.
>> There's no other output. Sorry, I'm not familiar enough with gcc
>> debugging to narrow down the error further.
>>
>> Code that uses raw pthreads instead of the C++ API works fine.
>>
>> (I'm running 64-bit Cygwin on Windows 8.1.)
>>
>> Ross Smith
>>

> it works for me on W7-64
>
> ./thread || echo "fail"
> Start
> Thread
> Done
>
> $ g++ --version
> g++ (GCC) 6.3.0

That's interesting. Maybe I have something wrong with my installation? I
updated the gcc-core, gcc-g++, and libgcc1 packages to the 6.3 test
version; was there something else I needed? (I found those by searching
the installed package list in the Cygwin installer for gcc or g++, and
seeing which ones offered the option of updating to 6.3; there doesn't
seem to be any way of checking what you actually need in a case like this.)

Ross Smith