Sometimes Emacs sticks on forking...

Oleksandr Gavenko gavenkoa@gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 06:49:00 GMT 2017

On 2017-06-13, Brian Inglis wrote:

> If you want to run an AV, try Windows Defender, and Windows Firewall
> (with MSE/MS Security Essentials free download if you are still on W7).
> They seem to do the same job less intrusively with fewer problems,
> mainly the occasional annoying false positive.

Windows Defender is on BLODA list:

  https://cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#faq.using.bloda

I actually want to disable it, not to install ((

And it is prepackaged for Win10 Home edition (that is free update).

> On 12 June 2017 at 23:30, Oleksandr Gavenko <gavenkoa@gmail.com> wrote:
>>   Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
>>   [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender]
>>   "DisableAntiSpyware"=dword:00000001
>>   "DisableRoutinelyTakingAction"=dword:00000001

Those settings doesn't prevent ``C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCuiL.exe``
from starting ((

--
http://defun.work/