Compile/run problems on cygwin not solved by going to cygwin64

Vince Rice vrice@solidrocksystems.com
Wed Jun 28 21:33:00 GMT 2017

>>> immediate segmentation fault. No idea why, but not something I'm going
>>> to put energy into right now.
>>
>> You should. If strace won't run, you have a problem, and I would bet the odds of the problems being related (or the same) is pretty high.
>
> On Jun 28, 2017, at 4:25 PM, Wouter van Doorn wrote:
>
> Hi Vince,
>
> If they are related, then solving the problem that's my real current
> issue will make the strace one go away. If they are not, then I am
> about to start a second wild goose chase. Sticking with the problem
> that I am immersed in now in the hope to get that resolved seems to be
> my best bet.
>
> I would like the strace issue to go away, of course, and if someone
> has the magic bullet for it I am only too happy to get that issue out
> of the way!

Please don't https://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU. And https://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR.

My guess is it would be easier to figure out a segmentation fault than the other. Up to you.