Strange errors running gcc tests on Cygwin

David Billinghurst dbcygwin@gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 00:36:00 GMT 2017

On 8/03/2017 10:25, Daniel Santos wrote:

> My concern is with the dynamic portion of this behavior -- what is
> affected by environment variables.

Many years ago I ran a nightly build/test of gcc under cygwin and
reported the results to gcc-testresults.  There may be is discussion on
the gcc mailing lists from c2000-2005.  If you search "site:gcc.gnu.org
David Billinghurst cygwin" you ??might?? find something relevant.

 From memory, I got it all working by

  * building gcc and friends
  * using find to locate all the .exe and .dll files in the build tree
  * worked out by trial and error which files were needed at run time by
    the test suite.
  * setting PATH when running the testsuite so that the directories
    containing (new) required .exe and .dll were in front of any system
    directories
  * making sure that PATH wasn't reset by the testsuite
  * looking at places where LD_LIBRARY_PATH was set/modified by the
    testsuite and checking if cygwin needed PATH to match
  * (submitting patched to fix gcc testsuite under cygwin)

Once that was done it all "just worked" until it broke again. Good luck.