fork() fails if it is called recursively from a child thread.

Takashi Yano takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp
Thu Mar 9 16:16:00 GMT 2017

On Thu, 9 Mar 2017 08:53:19 -0500 Eliot Moss wrote:

Thank you for response.

> This strikes me as either BLODA (interfering software) or a need to
> rebase some dll(s).  That's what I most commonly see that causes that
> fork error.

This occurs even under newly installed windows 10 & 7.
Moreover, rebaseall does not help.

Couldn't you reproduce the problem in your environment with my test case?

Release note of iperf 2.0.5-1 says:
  Note that a currently known limitation of the Cygwin version is that
  running as a daemon (with the -D option) is not currently functional.
  The previous version (2.0.4) also had this limitation.

This is also the reason why I think this problem causes commonly
with cygwin.

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>