setup release candidate - please test

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Tue May 16 14:44:00 GMT 2017

On 16/05/2017 14:45, Ian Lambert wrote:
> On May 16, 2017 6:52:17 AM EDT, Jon Turney <> wrote:

>> My point was more that your administrator has configured things to
>> prevent what you are trying to do (however foolish trying to control
>> access by user-agent might be)
>
>>> Does it work if you try user agent combos of
>>> {Cygwin-Setup,CygwinSetup}/{2.878-3,2.878}?
>>
>> You might also try with no user-agent (wget --user-agent="" apparently)
>
> When I try --user-agent=anything with setup, it quietly does nothing.

I'm not sure if you missed or ignored that the wget option is referred
to here.

> It isn't an option, like proxy username and password aren't?

Correct, it isn't an option.  setup --help will confirm this for you.

I don't know why unrecognized options aren't fatal errors.

Depending on the results of the tests suggested with wget, I may
consider changing or removing the user-agent reported by cygwin setup,
or providing such an option.