when I try to open file with another user on CYGWIN , I get access denied message

Alex lombak@gmx.com
Wed May 17 14:02:00 GMT 2017

On 16/05/2017 20:08, Brian Inglis wrote:
> On 2017-05-16 02:12, Alex wrote:
>> I have windows 2008 server and external partner requested me to install
>> CGYWIN on it so they can send a file to via SSH. I created a domain user
>> called test1 and they sent me the public key and installed home folder.
>> They can send the file without any problem. I can able to read and
>> delete if I login to windows server with test1 username.
>> My problem is I can not open that files with another username. I have a
>> username call test2 and I need to login to windows server with this
>> username and run the script to import the files from test1 folder. I got
>> access denied message when I try to open it.
>> file permission show ;
>> -rwx------
>> I changed the umask in profile to 002 , but did not fix the problem.
>> Any idea?
>> By the way I have a little knowledge of linux
>
> You would have to change umask in sshd's user's profile to perhaps have
> any effect.

I did in the /etc/profile but not sure what you mean in sshd's user's
profile !

> You may want to check the receiving directory DACLs with getfacl .../
> and if necessary change them with setfacl -m d:g::r--,d:o::r-- if only
> data is being transferred to that directory.

#getfacl samplefolder
#owner :gm-user1
#group :Domain User
user ::rwx
group :: r-x
other:r-x

Yes they only transfer to file in this folder,  if I run setfacl for
this directory, will it apply to files inside and the file will be added
later ?

> Removing directory DACLs e.g. with setfacl -bk .../ can stop Windows
> programs being able to read or write directories or contents.
>
> Get them to set the permissions chmod +r on the source if possible,
they said already give the file with full permission for everyone

> and send with scp -p.

?

---