When running exec('rsync') with PHP, getting Warning: Error while sending QUERY packet.

Björn Tantau cygwin@s.bjoern-tantau.de
Thu May 18 12:59:00 GMT 2017

Am 2017-05-18 14:30, schrieb Andrey Repin:
>> I encountered a rather strange PHP bug I could only reproduce in
>> cygwin
>> (32 Bit and 64 Bit).
>> If you have a working MySQL-Connection and then run exec('rsync')
>
> exec()'ing anything from PHP, especially from PHP running on a
> webserver is a
> very, very, very bad idea.

I know, I know. This is actually a CLI script. The production server
where this is from is actually not allowed to exec anything.

>> the next Query produces the Warning:
>> PHP Warning:  Error while sending QUERY packet. PID=15036 in
>> /home/limora/test.php on line 5
>
> Show the
>
> phpinfo(~(2+16+32+64));
>
> please...

See the attached phpinfo.txt.

And in reply to Brian Inglis (I had only subscribed to the list from my
work account, but stupid Outlook gets caught in the spam filter):
It also happens with valid rsync calls and it doesn't happen with other
programs that error out.

Regards,
Björn