setup 2.878 only processes one site

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Thu May 18 21:43:00 GMT 2017

On 18/05/2017 18:04, David Rothenberger wrote:
> Jon Turney wrote:

>>> Yes, I'm sure. I verified our web server logs requests with the
>>> If-Modified-Since header. Also, I used wireshark to confirm there was no
>>> request at all to our web server.
>>
>> Hmm... In my testing I saw requests with If-Modified-Since: and
>> If-None-Match: headers being sent and a 304 Not Modified response
>> being sent.
>>
>> I added INTERNET_FLAG_RESYNCHRONIZE, which looks like it might be
>> needed to do the right thing if the server doesn't send an ETag
>> header, and made another build.
>
> My server does send the ETag header. I'm using Apache 2.4.

Well, I still don't know what's going on, then. :)

fwiw, I did some testing with an apache configured with 'FileETag None'
and saw the the behaviour you described (doesn't even contact the
server), so this flag is definitely needed.

>> https://cygwin.com/setup/setup-2.878-4-g582a35.x86.exe
>> https://cygwin.com/setup/setup-2.878-4-g582a35.x86_64.exe
>>
>> Perhaps you could try that and see if it improves things?
>
> The problem is indeed fixed with these builds. Thanks!

Great.  Thanks for testing.  I'll do a 2.879 with those changes.

And thank you for drawing attention to this problem.  I looks like it's
probably existed since forever in ""Use Internet Explorer Proxy
Settings" mode.