Apache rebase trouble

Michael Lemke lemkemch@t-online.de
Tue May 23 23:56:00 GMT 2017

On Tue, 23 May 2017 22:17:44 +0200, Michael Lemke <lemkemch@t-online.de> wrote:

> On Tue, 23 May 2017 22:04:52 +0200, Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> wrote:
>
>> Michael Lemke writes:
>>> Now, how about an answer to my actual question?  How do I get the Apache/php
>>> dlls properly rebased?  For reference, here's the error again and so is the attached
>>> cygcheck.out.
>>
>> How large is your UserVM?  You don't stand a snowflakes chance in hell
>> with 2GB with your package selection and I suspect you'd run into the
>> heap even with 3GB (I don't know if that's even possible to change on
>> XP).  You really need to reduce the number of packages you install if
>> you insist on staying on 32bit.  Most likely unrelated, but you also
>> need to sanitize your PATH, at least get rid of all the duplicates, but
>> better remove the WIndows stuff completely.
>
> Ok, starts to make some sense. Its a VM with 4GB configured with
> whatever XP takes of that. I don't remember if I tought it the 3GB trick
> and also don't recall how to do it.
>
> Anyway, the way I understand the problem is you have to distribute all
> installed dlls such that they don't use the same memory region. This means
> you can have only so many dlls installed. So is there some better way than
> trial and error to see which dll is taking up the most space and if enough
> dlls were uninstalled? Would rebase tell me aything?

Lacking further clues I did the trial and error thing and removed some
stuff I thought I didn't need (like GNOME). Not sure yet what I broke but
my Apache is working again.  Thanks for the hint that the number of known
dlls could be a problem. I'd still appreciate more precise information
of how rebase works and if there is a more systematic approach.

Michael