High cpu usage by at-spi-bus-launcher and xwin-xdg-menu

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Wed May 24 20:02:00 GMT 2017

On 22/05/2017 14:39, miserable variable wrote:
> I regularly see these two processes taking more that 25% CPU Time
> each, as reported by ProcessExplorer.

This shouldn't be happening.

> I have often terminated both not been able to notice any functionality
> lost, but I am sure I am missing something.

I would expect killing xwin-xdg-menu to cause the X server to exit, and
it's X applications menu to disappear from the notification area.

I'm not sure if you mean that doesn't happen, or it does but you don't
notice?

> Is there something in my setup causing this?

> I have attached /var/log/XWin.0.log and output from cygcheck -s -v -r.
> The latter is quite big and exceed maximum size for this list, I have
> deleted lines matching 'missing.*python2' of which there were many to
> stay within the limit.

Thanks.  This doesn't show any problems I can see.

You might also take a look at ~/.xsession-errors to see if that shows
anything.