Clueless! sshd ONLY fails at system startup (XP/SP3) -- FOLLOWUP

Houder houder@xs4all.nl
Fri May 26 07:39:00 GMT 2017

On 2017-05-25 23:21, Houder wrote:
> On 2017-05-25 17:36, Houder wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> YES, I know, XP is NOT supported anymore ... However, I started
>> out on XP ... and it has sshd running as a Window service,
>>
>>     installed and configured (as approved by Corinna :-)
>>
>> ... some time ago I may have upgraded openssh over there (yes, I
>> am now running W7) ... I cannot really remember. Yes, sometimes I
>> visit (ssh) the "old station" (XP) for info that I am missing.
>>
>> (both machines are behind a firewall - rest assured)
>>
>> "Suddenly" (yesterday?) I noticed that the "sshd daemon" fails;
>> it is started at system startup (i.e. an automatic service).
>
> Ahem ... it should have rephrased that ... however, from the error
> report in the sshd.log, it should be clear that the daemon fails as
> soon as it receives its first "ssh" request ... (and not before).

Give me a break!

Just now I decided to UNinstall the F-Secure anti-virus ...

And guess what ...? Yes, NOW sshd replies again to requests after system
startup!

Now I wonder if I will find the same result on W7 when I install
openssh.
(yes, W7 also has F-Secure anti-virus installed).

Anyone using F-Secure on W7 and operating the sshd?

Henri