Cygwin alongside WSL

Thu Nov 2 03:19:00 GMT 2017

On 2017-10-31 12:11, Thomas Wolff wrote:
> Am 27.10.2017 um 00:10 schrieb Thomas Wolff:
>>> It looks like without the Fall Update --WSL= does not work with either
>>> no/default distribution found, and the same result with a variety of
>>> obvious names:

>>> It would be nice if --WSL did the right thing for legacy installs also.
>> Yes, I am aware of this gap, see
>> https://github.com/mintty/wsltty/issues/64
> This should be working now with mintty 2.8.1. Please try.

This is now working nicely with --WSL and symlinks from
/usr/local/bin/wslbridge* to /usr/bin/.
Using mintty makes cross-checking Cygwin vs Linux operation very pleasant.

[Nitpick: with --WSL, argument "-" does not find DefaultUserName in
BasePath/rootfs/etc/passwd and launch the default shell as the login shell:
/bin/wslbridge: Exit 1.
error: could not exec '-': No such file or directory]

Thanks for all your efforts since you adopted this package, in updating it to
modern standards, all the Unicode, vtterm, and xterm support you have added, all
the new features and improvements in every release, adaptation for WSL, all the
fixes you constantly make, and your frequent releases.

I am sorry for those who can only use Xwindow terminal emulators! ;^>