setup.ini has multiple "prev" entries ... Why?

Houder houder@xs4all.nl
Sun Nov 5 18:04:00 GMT 2017

On 2017-11-05 18:32, Houder wrote:
> On 2017-11-05 13:48, Houder wrote:
>> Hi John (Turney),
>>
>> After I had downloaded and exercised setup version 2.882, I noticed
>> that setup.ini has multiple (2?) "prev" entries per package ...
>>
>> Why? Did I miss one of your announcements mentioning this change?
>
> Jon,
>
>     https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2017-10/msg00047.html
>
>> Because of the way setup works, the last [test] section is the version
>> which
>> is selected when 'test' is selected, so a specific ordering of the
>> sections
>>  would be required. ...

Jon,

Currently, I am only interested in the _specification_ that you have
in mind for setup.ini ...

Regards,

Henri

Another (edited) snippet from setup.ini: (where the latest test entry is
not the last entry (of the "test" entries ?????)

@ xorg-server-common
sdesc: "X.Org X server common data"
ldesc: "X.Org X server common data"
category: X11
requires: dri-drivers perl_base xauth xcursor-themes xkbcomp
xkeyboard-config
version: 1.19.5-1 <- current
[test]
version: 1.19.3-2 <==== latest test?
[test]
version: 1.19.3-1
[prev]
version: 1.19.2-1
[prev]
version: 1.19.1-1
[prev]
version: 1.18.4-1
[prev]
version: 1.19.4-1 <==== latest prev?

@ xorg-server-devel
sdesc: "X.Org SDK for developing drivers and extensions for the Xorg X
server"
ldesc: "X.Org SDK for developing drivers and extensions for the Xorg X
server"
category: X11
requires: fontsproto inputproto kbproto libpixman1-devel pkg-config ...
version: 1.19.5-1 <- current
[test]
version: 1.19.3-2 <==== latest test?
[test]