mksetupini fails validating packages because curr is test

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Wed Nov 29 16:52:00 GMT 2017

On 29/11/2017 15:06, Ivan Gagis wrote:
> I have an overlay cygwin repo where I publish my packages.
>
> Recently I started getting errors from mksetupini script:
>
> "
> mksetupini: package 'mypackage' version '0.4.38-1' is most recent
> non-test version, but version '0.4.43-1' is curr:
> mksetupini: package set has errors, not writing setup.ini
> "
>
> there was no such errors before. And I don't have "test:" in any hint
> files of my packages, so no I dea why it thinks that some versions are
> non-test and curr is test?

It's not saying any versions are test.

> Can you explain what this actually means?

"most recent" means "latest timestamp"

So this is telling you that 0.4.38-1 is the non-test version which has
the most recent timestamp, but 0.4.43-1 is curr: (because it's the
highest non-test version)