[ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.9.0-0.2

Fri Sep 1 13:05:00 GMT 2017

On Sep  1 14:23, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Sep  1 11:44, Thomas Wolff wrote:
> > Am 30.08.2017 um 17:13 schrieb Corinna Vinschen:
> > > Hi folks,
> > >

> > > I uploaded a new Cygwin test release 2.9.0-0.2
> > >
> > > I'm planning for a release next week.  Please test.

> > Any chance to get the wcwidth update into the next release? I've submitted a
> > reworked patch meanwhile to the newlib mailing list (for both string/wcwidth
> > and ctype/{is,to}w*) but no response there yet. If there is no agreement yet
> > how to proceed with the ctype functions, could we still update only the
> > wcwidth part already?
>
> I forgot to reply, sorry.  I'm still irritated why you don't just
> simply send the patches as a git patch series.  Create the set with
> git format-patch and send it to the newlib list with git send-email.
> No problems with patch size and mailbox limits and especially no
> external ZIP fgile nobody ever reviews.

Apart from that, I'm not really confident to push this patch for 2.9.0
on such short notice.  We should leave some time for testing before
releasing it.

The problem is that I'm unavailable for about 4 weeks after the 2.9.0
release.  Having said that, we can certainly apply the patch, but
only release it with 2.9.1 or 2.10.0, whatever we call the next one.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat