warnings starting "emacs"

Siegmar Gross siegmar.gross@informatik.hs-fulda.de
Wed Sep 27 09:01:00 GMT 2017

Hi Ken,

thank you very much for your answer. Unfortunately, I still get the
same messages.

>> I've updated my system to the latest package versions and I use
>> Cygwin x86_64 on top of Windows 10. Unfortunately, I get some
>> warnings when a start "emacs".
>>

>> PC26 cygwin64 26 emacs Cygwin.bat
>> PC26 cygwin64 27 libGL error: Screen is not Windows-DRI capable

Do you know why I now get a libGL error message that I didn't get before?

>> ** (emacs:9112): WARNING **: Error retrieving accessibility bus address:
>> org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes
>> include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus
>> security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network
>> connection was broken.
>
> I often see this when I'm logged in as an Administrator.  I think it's
> harmless and can be ignored.
>
>> (emacs:9112): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_window_parse_geometry() called on a window
>> with no visible children; the window should be set up before
>> gtk_window_parse_geometry() is called.
>
> This can also be ignored.  I think it's been fixed upstream.
>
>> (emacs:9112): GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: Error loading XPM image loader: Image
>> type 'xpm' is not supported
>
> This one I haven't seen.  Do you have libXpm4 installed?

I've installed all libXpm4 packages, but they didn't change anything.
Can I do anything else to avoid the confusing error and warning messages?

Best regards

Siegmar